Clan Cat Names
From Children of StarClan
Navigation: Index Administrative Clan Cat Names
- Clan Bans
- Clan Cat Name Rules
- Approvals Process
- Mature Themes Guidelines
- Short Description Guidelines
Names are subject to frequent and lengthy discussion in the Warriors Fandom. To clarify the CoSC approach to many of the name issues, all of our policies and practices are outlined herein.
Names are considered first as two individual parts, each of which must be deemed independently suitable for use in names.
They are second considered as a conglomeration and must maintain that suitability.
The individual words used in names must comply with the following collection policies.
Realm of Experience: Words should be from within the world that cats would have experienced for themselves.
- Human Concepts: Those words that encompasses strictly human concepts are unsuitable for use (IE: Marriage).
- Invented Words: Words not located in an English dictionary, or those that appear but are defined as slang, will not be permitted.
Names for characters that are already a part of the Characters Category have already been used and may not be reused.
- Name Conflicts - In Honor of: As explained below, in the appropriate section.
- Name Conflicts - Other: Generally the typical resolution style is used, but some occasions will result in the Atypical Resolution as outlined below.
Name conflicts are when a name appears on more than one character sheet.
Player Co-operation Expectation - Failure to comply with requests to change names in accordance with name conflict resolutions will result in character confiscation with no opportunity for recovery.
In most cases the resolution is simple, in that the character sheet that was approved first is the one that may retain the name in question. (Approval order is always decided by which sheet has the lowest ID Number).
In some cases, a normal resolution is not possible, and the administration will allow the conflict to 'slide'. These situations will be rare, and they will have to be extreme to the point of Typical Resolution being 100% impossible.
Named in Honor of
In cases where a character is named in honor of another and name progression forces a matching name, names will be followed by a '(original suffix)' in order for the character system to differentiate these characters.
IE: Twilightstorm is named after the leader Twilightstar, and becomes a leader themselves, their character sheet name would have to become Twilightstar (storm) [That is if they do not become Stormstar instead, then simply evading the conflict).
Shared names are those that can be reused on a regular basis, such as Kit and Apprentice names.
The conventions outlined here are words that have been specifically considered and have CoSC-specific decisions made about them. This list is subject to changes as the game administration pleases. If you have specific questions about anything on this list, please PM Kitsufox.
- Autumn - Human word, and thusly outside the Clan Cat Realm of Experience
- Fall - Considered human when used to refrence the season, thus outside RoE in those cases.
- Spring - Considered human when used to refrence the season, thus outside RoE in those cases.
- Summer - Human word, and thusly outside the Clan Cat Realm of Experience
- Winter - Human word, and thusly outside the Clan Cat Realm of Experience